MP - Metal Powder Marking Machine
The Metal Powder Marking Machine is designed for marking of slabs and blooms, even in the harsh environment of steel plants. Marking is performed by blowing metal powder through a gas flame for melting it to the surface of the product.
Metal Powder Marking Machines are distinguished especially by marking long-lasting, clear and bright characters, which can vary in size and number of lines depending on individual customer requirements. The complete equipment is manufactured using standardised modules, which result in high reliability and low maintenance of equipment and specially selected electrical and mechanical parts that are designed, well tested and proven to function in heavy industries.
The Metal Powder machine frame consists of a robust fabricated construction, linear rails and safety devices for the marking head. The characters are generated by an electrical writing movement of the burner with x and y axis driven by servo motors. The machine is controlled by a PLC type Siemens S7 with standard interfaces to steel plant equipment and fault diagnostic system.
Temperature range from 400 to 1,100°C
Alphanumeric and special characters, size from 40 to 150 mm
Marking media: Aluminium based powder
- Low operating costs for high temperature products compared to marking machines with filling wire
- Low consumable costs, besides electrical and pneumatic media, only natural gas or LPG
- Large characters offer a high visibility even from the crane operator
- Durability of marking at least a half year at outdoor storage
- Application of just one marking media allows easier maintenance handling