RRH - Radial fatige test
The RRH machine is used for fatigue and endurance testing of wheels by rolling the wheel on a drum under specific radial load conditions.
The radial fatigue test is one of the required legal tests for alloy wheels in most countries worldwide. The MAKRA RRH fatigue test machine is designed to cover all required specifications concerning this test method. The modular design concept enables a variable number of test units, with a maximum of 4 individual load stations per machine. Additionally, these 4 load stations can also be a combination of passenger and truck wheel test units. As special requirement, an adjustable skew can be added to the load units. The individual test units can apply independent radial loads to the wheel which makes it flexible for testing several wheel types at the same time. The actual forces is measured by load cells, force is applied and regulated by electrical servo motors and spindles. Options like cooling, temperature measurement, wheel brake, safety fences, ... can be selected according to a customer request. The vertical arrangement of the drum has big advantages in user handling during wheel change compared to conventional horizontal drums. As interface, Profibus or Profinet is available. All measurement results are available through Ethernet connection on the customer network.
- Certified test machines: The Makra radial fatigue test machines are certified from all major German car manufacturers (i.e. BMW, Audi, Volkswagen, Porsche, …) and for many years in operation
- Modular machine conzept: The machine can be equipped with 1 to 4 individual load stations. The load stations can be used for passenger car wheels or for truck wheels
- Precise and massive steel drum: The massive steel drum has internal stiffing rips and is balanced in 2 levels for nmax=400 rpm with a balance quality of Q2.5. The bearing is done with high quality cone bearings
- User friendly wheel change: With the vertical arrangement of the drum, a very user friendly wheel change is a main advantage. Less force and manpower is needed to lift and mount the wheel in its testing position
- Safety equipment for the wheels: Different kinds of safety devices like distance control, bubble control, temperature control, limit value control, … can be added to the machine control system