ABV - Sprue point drilling machine
The ABV machine is developed for the automatic sprue point drilling of alloy wheels after the casting process. It’s a strong and reliable machine, setting the standard for flexibility and efficiency.
Compared to the punching process, drilling of the sprue gives a lot more flexibility regarding size and thickness of the wheel hub area. An advantage which becomes more and more important due to the continuously increasing wheel size and material thickness. Distortion and deformation caused from the punching process can be fully avoided with the drilling system. Tool diameters up to 60 mm can be used without any problems. Fast feed rate and drilling speed can be programmed in speed and length. Prior to the drilling machines, a design recognition system can be used to divide and sent the wheels to the drilling machine with the most suitable drilling tool (diameter). Different options can be added to the machine, i.e. mist cooling, exhaust connection and chip conveyor.
- Less construction limits for hub area: No limitation of material thickness and sprue diameter brings advantage to casting speed and process efficiency
- Low material stress: The drilling process causes a much lower material stress to the hub area compared to punching. Also at bigger material thickness, no danger of deformation or cracks.
- Cost reduction through recycling: The used metal screen will be chipped completely, the metal parts can be separated with a magnetic conveyor and the remaining material can be recycled to 100 %.
- Cycle time reduction at machining area: The drilling diameter can be close to machining value, less cycle time is needed in the OP1 machining operation
- Flexible production: With a short changing time of the tool, the actual drilling diameter can be adjusted to the production need. By using more drilling machines, each machine uses a different tool diameter to be more flexible.