Alpine Metal Tech, a long-standing partner of NLMK, supplied via the German plant builder SMS an extensive machine package for the new continuous casting machines. The AMT machine package includes two ladle shroud manipulators and two mould powder feeders for the casting floor. and for the run-out area, one torch cutting machine, one deburring machine and a fully automatic marking robot suspended on a bridge construction.
NLMK relied on the experience of Alpine Metal Tech with the its brands NUMTEC and GEGA on the run-out area as well. Thus, a torch cutting machine, a deburring machine and a fully automatic marking robot, suspended on a bridge construction, have been commissioned in Russia.
By using a robot in combination with a bridge solution, the working range of the marking robot is significantly increased, thus enabling greater flexibility with regard to specific customer requirements.
This results in the following advantages:
- No operating personnel required in the hazard area
- Several strands can be marked with one marking robot
- Highest availability through sophisticated robot technology in connection with a bridge construction used for many years
- Slabs can be marked on the cut surface as well as laterally
- Stacked slabs can be marked
- The marking robot can be moved for maintenance purposes from the hazard area via the 7 axis into a safe service position
Your Alpine Metal Tech Team